Dr. Jim Dalton
In The News
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio — Shirley V. Hoogstra, J.D., president of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, will be speaking at Mount Vernon Nazarene University’s traditional commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 5, at 10 a.m., to celebrate the graduating Class of 2018.
- Professor of Business, 1997 to present. Served as Assistant Professor of Accounting and Business Administration from 1981-86, 1988-91.
- Owner/Partner: MDS CPA Review Course 1999-present
- Church and School Administrator, Grove City Church of the Nazarene, 1991 to 1997.
- Treasurer, Grove City Church of the Nazarene 1991-present
- Instructor, Becker CPA Review Course, 1988 to 1999.
- Business Manager, Chardon Laboratories Inc., 1986 to 1988.
- Owner, James D. Dalton, CPA, 1984-86.
- Controller, Mid-America Nazarene College, 1978-1981.
- Controller, Management Decisions Development Corp, 1977-78.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Graduate and Professional Studies Faculty member of the year – May 2004
- Alumni Medallion Award at MVNC-1998
- President's Award for Excellence in Teaching, MVNC, 1985
- Excellence in Teaching Award (Becker CPA Review), 1988-97
- Outstanding Young Men of America, 1977
- Student Body President, MVNC, 1977
- MDS CPA Review-Financial (Co-Author)
- MDS CPA Review-Reporting (Co-Author)
- MDS CPA Review – Business Environment
- "Church Financial Workshop," MVNC, 1994 to present.
- E.D. in Adult Education, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida (1994)
- M.A. in Accounting, State of Ohio Avila College, Kansas City, Missouri (1981)
- B.A. in Management, Mount Vernon Nazarene College, Mount Vernon, Ohio (1977)