Do you have a mind for business and a passion for sports?
The Sports Management program at MVNU seamlessly blends the worlds of business and athletics to provide you with the education you need for a professional career in sports.
- Professional opportunities — As a Sports Management major at MVNU, you’ll have access to institutional connections with business leaders in the Columbus region and beyond. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in Enactus, an award-winning entrepreneurial campus organization that enables students to network and begin their professional journey long before graduation.
- Active faculty — All MVNU Sport Management professors are also current MVNU coaches and direct, manage and work in the sports world. You will learn from people who are still actively involved in their fields of expertise.
- Professional success — Our graduates stand out, landing successful careers in professional sports with the Arizona Diamondbacks, Miami Dolphins, and the National Basketball Association.
- Professor Andrew Belleman, Assistant Professor of Physical Education
- Professor Jeana Howald, Assistant Professor of Physical Education and Assistant Athletic Director
- Professor Brian Humphrey, Assistant Professor of Physical Education and Athletic Trainer
- Professor Paul Swanson, Associate Professor of Physical Education (ABD)
- Professor Keith Veale, Assistant Professor of Physical Education
MVNU is known for putting out savvy, real-world-ready Management graduates. That is due, in part, to our resources. All of your business classes will be held in the Jetter School of Business. This building boasts a large, round lecture hall in the center that serves as an ideal setting for large classes or visits from renowned speakers. It also features an up-to-date computer lab, which is used for computer-based courses, such as Spreadsheets. You will be able to learn the newest, most relevant aspects of programs like Excel while getting hands-on experience with them as you learn.
Sports Management majors will have opportunities to travel through participation in Enactus. Enactus is an international non-profit organization that brings together student, academic and business leaders who are committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to improve the quality of life and standard of living for people in need. Guided by academic advisors and business experts, the student leaders of Enactus create and implement community empowerment projects around the globe.All MVNU students are also invited to participate in our many other service and learning trips.
A degree in Sports Management from MVNU opens the door to a variety of career paths. You could go on to work with professional sporting groups in areas like marketing, promotions, health, fitness, training, or work with local and community sports programs.
“At the heart of MVNU is a tradition of learning through doing in hopes of leaving the world better than we found it.”Patrick Neville, ‘08