Interest in fitness, exercise, and health is growing rapidly both in the United States and internationally. From simply tracking steps and counting calories to intensive training for marathons and other physical fitness competitions, the world is learning to keep a close eye on personal fitness.
If you are passionate about helping people manage their health and fitness more effectively, the MVNU Exercise Studies program is for you.
- Broad scopes — You will be prepared to transition directly into careers related to teaching, human performance, or sports management, or go on to graduate school to pursue advanced degrees, certification, or licensure. Our program provides you with a wide range of career options after graduation.
- Active faculty — It is vital to us that our students learn from the best. Along with master’s or doctoral degrees, faculty have current certification in Athletic Training, CSCS, and Physical Therapy, and many continue to practice the trades for which they are licensed.
- Practical experience — Practicums, internships, and involvement with on-campus relevant programs like intramural sports are widely available and encouraged, providing students with opportunities to learn in their field of choice.
- Professor Andrew Belleman
- Assistant Professor of Physical Education
- Professor Jeana Howald
- Assistant Professor of Physical Education and Assistant Athletic Director
- Professor Brian Humphrey
- Assistant Professor of Physical Education and Athletic Trainer
- Professor Paul Swanson
- Associate Professor of Physical Education (ABD)
- Professor Keith Veale
- Assistant Professor of Physical Education and Athletic Director
A degree in Exercise Studies from MVNU comes with a wide range of career options. You could go on to become an athletic coach or trainer, a dietitian, physical therapist, sports administrator, health information specialist, or pursue one of a number of other career opportunities.
MVNU Exercise Studies graduates have worked at:
- EastPoint Prosthetics and Orthotics
- LA Fitness
“I'm so thankful to be at this wonderful place, where people care about you succeeding and they're more than glad to pray for you.”Matt Harden, ‘20